Paying for support (what we charge)

Financial advice to help plan for current or future care needs

On this page you can find national and local organisations that can help you to begin to plan for current or future care and support needs. Before you use any particular organisation for regulated financial advice always make sure that they are registered with the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA)

Useful organisations - National

Care Quality Commission
The Care Quality Commission (CQC) is the independent regulator of adult health and social care services in England, whether provided by the NHS, local authorities, private companies or voluntary organisations. It also protects the rights of people detained under the Mental Health Act.

Carers UK
Carers UK is a national charity providing information and advice about caring alongside practical and emotional support for carers.

Department of Health
Government department with overall responsibility for social care including residential care homes.

Elderly Accommodation Counsel

Provides information on all forms of accommodation, support and care for older people.

Equality Advisory and Support Service
This new service replaced the helpline run by the Equality and Human Rights Commission in October 2012. is the website of the UK government providing information and online services for the public. It provides information and services on topics such as money, employment, travel and education.

Independent Age

Independent Age provides an information and advice service for older people, their families and carers, focusing on social care, welfare benefits and befriending services.


A national charity who can provide independent information and advice for adults with learning disability and their carers/family members on matters related to care and support, such as setting up trusts and writing wills.

The Money Advice Service is an independent service, set up by government. It helps people manage their money by giving free and impartial advice on all money matters. It also works in partnership with other organisations to help people make the most of their money.

Pension Service
For details of state pensions‚ including forecasts and how to claim your pension.

Relatives & Residents Association
The Relatives & Residents Association gives advice and support to older people in care homes, their relatives and friends.

SOLLA provide a database of financial advisors who specialise in giving advice on finances in later life, enabling you to plan ahead or to make the most of your money once you reach retirement and older age. All advisors on the database have to prove that they meet appropriate criteria and have the right qualifications before they are accredited by SOLLA.

Useful organisations - Local

Kingston Carers’ Network (KCN)

KCN is the leading local voluntary organisation dedicated to supporting family and friends caring for someone in the community.

Kingston Centre for Independent Living (KCIL)

KCIL is an independent user-led organisation providing a range of information, advice and support services to make sure disabled people living in Kingston are supported to lead independent lives.

Kingston Citizens Advice Bureau

Kingston CAB offers advice and information on a wide range of subjects including welfare benefits, debts, housing, employment, relationships and legal issues.


Staywell is the new name for Age Concern Kingston upon Thames. Staywell provide a range of community services including practical care and support services in the home, social activities and information and advice.