About the grant
New Initiatives grants are annual grants for one-off projects or start up/development activities which can include a contribution to project overheads but cannot be used for the day-to-day running costs of the organisation.
You can apply for a grant of up to £3,000 on behalf of an official:
- not-for-profit organisation
- voluntary or community sector organisation
- faith group
Your project or activities have to contribute to one or more of the Kingston community outcomes.
The grants fund one-off activities or projects. The Council will not fund repeat applications by the same organisation for ongoing or repeat activities. However, organisations can apply for different projects or activities in different years.
Projects or activities can be:
- one-off projects but they must be completed within 12 months of starting
- start up, ‘pump-priming’, developmental or piloting activities to see how they work
Grant funding can be used for:
- building community capacity and skills and can include a contribution to project overheads but not the day-to-day running costs of the organisation