About the grant
New Initiatives grants are annual grants for one-off projects or pump-priming/development activity which can include a contribution to project overheads but not towards the day-to-day running costs of the organisation.
You can apply for a grant of up to £3,000 on behalf of a:
- not-for-profit organisation
- voluntary or community sector organisation
- faith group
Your project or activities have to contribute to one or more of the Kingston community outcomes.
The grants fund one-off activities or projects. We won't fund repeat applications by the same organisation for on-going or repeat activities. However, organisations can apply for different projects or activities in different years.
Projects or activities can be:
- one-off projects but they must be completed within 12 months of starting
- ‘pump-priming’ or piloting activities to see how they work
Grant funding can be used for:
- building community capacity and skills and can include a contribution to project overheads but not the day-to-day running costs of the organisation