VU.CITY London is an accurate digital 3D model of London. The model provides an interactive view of the Royal Borough of Kingston upon Thames and is used by our Planning Service to help assess planning applications, inform pre-application discussions and develop future planning policies. VU.CITY London includes:
- a fully interactive 3D model of the Royal Borough of Kingston upon Thames;
- an accurate city model including terrain (roofscape accuracy to 15cm);
- sunlight and shadowing simulation, street level walk mode, transport overlays, set and view cameras and view GIS data;
- highly important views and verified views, and
- integration of proposed projects to assess the cumulative impact of proposals.
Applicants and developers are encouraged to use VU.CITY to support their planning application and inform the pre-application process. To find out more about the model, visit VU.CITY London.
VU.CITY is managed and maintained independently of the council and while applicants are not obliged to use this service, the integration of large-scale proposals into the model may assist in the decision making process.
You can use VU.CITY London: