Personal licence

When you need a personal licence

The Licensing Act only allows for the sale and supply of alcohol under the authority of a personal licence holder. A personal licence is not associated with a particular licensed premises and you can apply for a personal licence whether or not you are currently employed at a licensed premises.

Every premises that holds a licence allowing for the sale of alcohol must have a Designated Premises Supervisor and that person must hold a personal licence.

You must be 18 years or older to apply for a personal licence and should only apply to us if you are a resident of the borough of Kingston upon Thames. If you live outside of the borough, you should apply to the licensing authority responsible for the area in which you live.