Free school meals may be provided for your children if you are receiving any of the following benefits:
- income support
- income-based job seeker's allowance
- income-related employment and support allowance
- the guarantee element of state pension credit
- support under part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- child tax credit (but not working tax credit) and have an annual income of less than £16,190
- working tax credit run-on – paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying for working tax credit
- Universal Credit - if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
Nursery aged children eligible for free school meals must be receiving education before and after lunch to be entitled to free school meals.
All children in key stage 1 are entitled to a free meal, however if you are in receipt of any of the above benefits, please do apply for free school meals, as this will generate additional funding for your child's school.
You can apply using our free school meals online form or at your child's school.