Who can apply?
If you live within the borough, your financial circumstances are very difficult and your child attends school here, you may be able to receive help towards the cost of his or her school uniform.
Unfortunately the funds are limited so grants will be given to those in the greatest need as and when they apply.
When to apply for a school uniform grant
If you are a parent or carer of a child who is in school years 1 to 11 and:
- your child is under 16 years of age on 31 August 2014
- you live in Kingston in the same household as the child
- you are not entitled to any other allowance for the child’s clothing
- you are suffering from exceptional circumstances, such as: (a) urgent family relocation, for example through domestic violence or other crisis or (b) urgent change to address the educational or medical needs of your child
- and you have a letter from a related professional (eg their doctor, social worker or head teacher) to support your application, confirm your circumstances and your relationship with the child
Details of the grant for 2014 to 2015
- primary school children - £35
- pupils under 15 years of age on 1 August 2011 - £51
- pupils 15 years of age or over on 1 August 2011 - £56