The Graduate Programme with Kingston
The National Graduate Development Programme (NGDP) is a two year graduate management scheme run by the Local Government Association (LGA).
If you're thinking of applying to join the National Graduate Programme with Kingston, you can apply through the Local Government Association (LGA) in November 2017. Find out more about the programme with the LGA
Final stage applicants
If you're reached the final stage of your application with the Local Government Association (LGA) you can apply to take up your placement with us. We're looking for two more graduates to join our Graduate Development Programme for September 2017.
Why choose Kingston?
During your two years at Kingston you will:
- undertake four six-month placements in different service areas
- work directly with Heads of Departments and senior managers to ensure your placements meet your professional development goals, NGDP learning requirements, as well as the strategic objectives of the Council
You'll also get:
- learning and developmental opportunities offered by the LGA
- the option to take up professional training courses in Project Management, Strategic Business Management, Effective Communication for Managers or Leading Change with the Council
Our graduates explain why you should choose to undertake the programme with us:
- Grace Abel:"Following the completion of the LGA Graduate Programme with Kingston, I secured the post of Senior Policy and Partnership Officer..."
- Michael Williams: "The support from my placement coordinator at Kingston has been excellent..."
- Lauren Boyd: "I have also been able to attend events outside the council, such as an event on service design organised by Nesta and Futuregov.”
- Isobel Caton Harrison: "...in the past six months I have greatly increased my confidence in a wide range of areas..."
- Catharine Kew: “In this placement I have also gotten the opportunity to line manage a member of staff, a key opportunity for me to develop.”
- Edward Fitter: "I’ve also been given the responsibility of owning the development and project management of a major contract..."
- Jasmine Taylor: "There is a great network of national management trainees at Kingston"