Flooding after heavy rainfall
- After heavy rainfall some drains can become overwhelmed and drain slowly, this can cause flooding in some areas.
- If this is the case then please wait for a few hours after the rain has stopped before reporting this to us.
Report a blocked roadside drain
If you notice that roadside drain has become blocked by leaves or rubbish and the blockage can be easily removed, without putting yourself or others at risk, then it may be quickest to push the blockage to one side yourself.
Make a report using the map
If you see a blocked drain, you can report it by using the map below.
- use the search bar on the map to search for a location, address or street
- click on the map to place a pin
- proceed to fill in the short form
Or make a report using the form
If you have accessibility requirements or difficulties using the map you can make a report using the form. Note that the form will be reviewed manually and may take longer to action.
If you think this is an emergency then please call us on 0208 547 5002.
What we do
- When tackling a blocked drain we first try digging out the blockage or using water jets to release the blockage.
- If this is not possible because the grating is broken, there is a tree root in the way or the pipe is broken - we will refer the matter to the relevant agency, eg highway maintenance, Thames Water or a specialist outside contractor for further works.
Environment and waste
Contact us about environment and waste issues.Address: