Get qualified to help improve the health and wellbeing of your community.
- Date: 9th January 2017 - 22nd May 2017
- Every week
- Location: New Malden Library
- Time: 10:00 - 16:00
- Cost: Free
Sign up for this free Open College Network London course and gain the skills, knowledge and confidence to get involved in local community development and health work.
If you take the Community Engagement for Health course, you will:
- learn how to identify and understand your communities' needs
- learn about community groups and other organisations in the borough
- develop skills to strengthen and build your community
- gain confidence and knowledge to empower you and your community
With this learning, you will be able to:
- set up and run your own group
- volunteer or become active in your community
- represent your community at a council or health meeting
- support, signpost and encourage your community to engage in health improvement activities
- organise a local community event
To be eligible for this course, you will need:
- a good level of written and spoken English
- to be a resident of Kingston.
This course will take place from 10am to 4pm from Monday 20 February to Monday 22 May, excluding 17 April and 1 May. There are no exams or costs involved.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org