Trading standards advice online
You can find lots of trading standards advice online:
- Action Fraud – A national reporting centre for internet crime and fraud. It also offers advice on how to spot and avoid scams.
- Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) - The independent body that regulates advertising across all types of media, including online.
- Association of British Travel Agents (ABTA) - Provides guidance on a wide range of holiday issues.
- Buy With Confidence – a Trading Standards approved trader scheme.
- Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) - The financial regulator for the UK, the FCA help people protect their money and also regulate financial organisations such as banks.
- Get Safe Online - A website providing computer users and small businesses free advice, allowing them to use the internet confidently, safely and securely.
- Kingston Citizens Advice - An independent charity offering advice on a range of consumer subjects.
- Office for Product Safety and Standards - Aims to promote and protect customer interests throughout the UK, while ensuring businesses are fair and competitive.
- Think Jessica - A website which offers advice and assistance in dealing with scam letters.
- Trustmark - A scheme supported by the government, consumer groups and the building industry to help you find reputable tradespeople.
- Report a rogue landlord or agent - a new tool allowing renters to inform Trading Standards teams across London about breaches of the Tenant Fees Act, made law in 2019