What happens if I don't pay my Council Tax?

Other ways to find help

Council Tax Reduction (for those on a low income)

If you are on a low income you may be entitled to a reduction on your Council Tax bill. You can apply for a Council Tax Reduction within our benefits section: How to apply for Council Tax Reduction

You may be eligible for help to pay your Council Tax if you are on a low income.

Request for Council Tax repayment plan

Help with budgeting

If you want advice and guidance on budgeting, there are many independent organisations that can help you to manage your money: 

  • The National Debtline is a debt charity which offers free impartial advice with instant recommendations based on your circumstances.
  • The Money Advice Service can assist you to develop a personal spending plan and give advice on bank accounts and other financial products.
  • Kingston Upon Thames Citizens Advice- can help with debt problems and provide support to residents who are worried that they may be about to get into debt and want help to prevent it.

Last Modified: 12/07/2022 16:10:30