Council Tax energy rebate
Frequently asked questions energy rebate bank verification failure
Bank Details - We have been unable to verify your bank account details
The Council is required by the Government to check your bank details before making the energy rebate payment. In some cases we are unable to verify your details. This may be because:
- Your bank does not have an agreement with the pre-payment check software so unable to check bank details
- Your bank account is a business account, we are only able to check personal accounts.
- Your bank account is less than three months old
- Your bank account name is different to the name we have on Council Tax records
- The address your bank account is registered to is different to the Council Tax address
What to do next.
If we are unable to pay you because we cannot verify your bank details we will write to you. You will need to:
- Sign and return the declaration included with this letter confirming this property is your main residence. You need to do this, even though you are named as a liable party on this Council Tax account and you are eligible for the Council Tax energy rebate.
- Send us a copy of a bank statement dated on or after 1 April 2022 for your bank account.
- If you are entitled to the rebate and do not contact us after 28 days of the date of this letter, we will transfer the rebate to your Council Tax account .
- You must continue to pay your Council Tax as requested in the meantime.