Privacy Notice and Data Protection
What type of information is collected about you?
- contact details; including name, address, email address, telephone number
- vehicle registration numbers,
- vehicle makes, models and colours,
- Blue Badge serial numbers and expiry dates,
- financial details for purposes of receiving or making payments
- proof of identity - council tax bills, utility bills
- licenses or permits held
We need your information for the following services and functions:
- enforcement of parking Penalty Charge Notices (PCNs)
- parking appeals
- responding to correspondence
- car park season tickets
- resident permits
- card payments for parking
Who collects the personal information:
The council will collect some of the personal information for the provision of the above services, however the council also uses a third party contractor (NSL Ltd) to collect and process data on our behalf. For more information, please see NSL’s privacy notice.
Who your information may be shared with:
- Traffic Enforcement Centre
- Traffic Penalty Tribunal (TPT)
- Enforcement agencies (bailiffs)
- Credit reference agencies
If required, we will also share information for the investigation of fraud and for the prevention and detection of crime.
We will not share your information with any other organisations unless required to do so by law.
The legal basis for processing your information
- performance of a contract to which you are a party (e.g. season tickets, resident permits, parking dispensations)
- compliance with our legal obligations under relevant legislation and associated statutory guidance
- law enforcement, prosecutions and Court proceedings
How long will we keep your information
We will only keep your information for the minimum period necessary and in line with our Corporate Information Asset Register. Information will be securely destroyed when no longer needed.