Child protection enquiries
You and your child’s rights
Your child’s welfare comes first – that’s what all our teams are working with you to protect.
You have the right to:
- seek legal advice
- give or refuse permission for your child to have a medical examination
- make a formal complaint to the employer of any of the workers involved, if you think they haven’t acted properly
We think it’s important for your child and their protection that we all work together, but if you decide not to co-operate then the social workers may well take you to Court.
Your child has the right to:
- be protected from abuse and neglect
- give or refuse permission for a medical examination, if they’re old enough to do this responsibly
- be separately represented in any Court hearings
- make a formal complaint to the employer of any workers involved if they feel they haven’t acted properly