Pay Business Rates
It is your responsibility to ensure the payment reaches us in time:
- you should allow four working days for the Council to receive payment
- please have your bill to hand when paying, if you give the wrong account number your payment may be delayed or not reach us at all
- if your bank declines the payment, we will not be able to tell you that the payment has been refused so please check the payment has left your account
- if your bank refuses the payment you'll need to follow up and pay by another method or sort out the issue
- please keep any receipts you receive as proof of the payment
Ways to pay:
You can pay your business rates by debit or credit card using MasterCard, Visa, Visa Debit, and Maestro
Direct debit is the easiest way to pay your business rates.
- Monthly payments begin on 1 April and are due on the first day of each subsequent month.
- Half-yearly payments are due on 1 April and 1 September.
- Yearly payments are due on 1 April.
Have your bill to hand as you will need to know your account number. If your direct debit is submitted between 1 March and 1 April, it will not be set up in time to collect the 1 April instalment. We will advise you of your revised payment plan in accordance with the direct debit guarantee.
24-hour phone line
You need a touch-tone phone to use the service. You can pay by debit or credit card using Mastercard, Visa, Visa Debit and Maestro. You will need your account number so have your bill to hand.
Follow the voice prompts and enter payment and card details via your telephone keypad.
Please call 0345 359 1111
Set up a standing order or pay by BACS
Our bank account details are:
- The Royal Borough of Kingston upon Thames
- Lloyds Bank
- Sort code 30-80-12
- Account number 14717168
If setting up a standing order you will need to complete the standing order forms from your bank. Always quote your business rates account number shown on your bill when making a payment or setting up a standing order.
If paying by BACS the business rates account number should be quoted as your reference and a remittance advice should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pay using the Kingston Pound
The Kingston Pound (£K) is money made for the borough of Kingston upon Thames. You can pay your business rates with the Kingston Pound. Find out more about the Kingston Pound.
Local Authority maintained schools
From 1 April 2022 the Council is participating in a Government trial where the business rates for Local Authority maintained schools and academies are paid directly to the Council by the Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA). So schools will no longer be billed directly for their business rates.
Schools can still go online to view their rate account and check the balance of their account.