Worried about an adult?

How to report abuse or neglect

I'm worried about myself

Everyone should be able to live freely without fear and to be treated with respect.

Abuse is not your fault. No one has the right to abuse you. Please speak up if you or someone you know is at risk of, or experiencing abuse. If you're not sure what's happening to someone but you are concerned and would like some advice, please contact us.

What to do if you are worried about someone else

If you know someone who you think is at risk, it is important to get help because victims can often feel too scared to come forward.

If someone is in immediate danger, always make sure they are safe first. If emergency help is needed, dial 999.

What you can do?

If you or someone you know is being abuse or neglected, you can contact the council at any time. Report your concern using the safeguarding concern form and then sending us an email. You can also Call the Access and Safeguarding Team during office hours on 020 8547 5005 and after 5pm please call 020 8770 5000. In an emergency always call 999.

If you are concerned about a child see - Safeguarding children

Last Modified: 04/01/2021 13:28:55