Reduction - be part of the solution
Recycling is much more desirable than throwing away unwanted items because
recycled products are used to make new items instead of going to landfill.
requires energy and resources to transport the materials for reprocessing, convert them into new products,
and distribute them.
Reducing the amount of waste you produce
energy and materials, not to mention the cost and time savings you can make.
Do it yourself at home
Even if you have done everything you can to reduce your waste you will
still need to dispose of some -- the best way to do this is to recycle and buy recycled products.
are some other websites which will assist you in reducing, reusing,
and recycling your products.
Related External Links:
- www.capitalwastefacts.com -- for more information about community recycling projects in London.
- www.surreywaste.info -- for a comprehensive Household Waste Guide and Sustainable Shopping Guide.
- www.junkk.com is a website built around a database of ideas, pictures and descriptions showing all sorts of ways to reuse items instead of throw them out. You can also add and share your own reuse ideas.
- www.swapitsurrey.org is a free service allowing you to give away items that you no longer want from your home or business, or swap them for something else.
- www.kutlets.org.uk is the Kingston Upon Thames Local Exchange Trading System. This is a community-based barter system allowing members to trade goods and services without using money.
- www.free2collect.co.uk is a non profit website that allows people to post unwanted items for others to collect.