This Consultation is now closed - reference only
This Booklet sets out the proposed variations to Kingston’s funding formula for 2010/11, which is the last year of the current funding period. The consultation is open to schools and PVI providers. It closed 19 January 2010 so that responses may be considered by the Schools Forum on 28 January 2010.
A copy of the previous October Consultation Booklet regarding the Early Years Single Funding Formula has been posted here for ease of reference.
- New formula proposed to accompany increase in entitlement from 12.5 hours per week to 15 hours per week
- National implementation postponed for one year
- Kingston wishes to apply to be a pathfinder as its formula is ready
- The authority believes its formula is fit for purpose and will not materially detriment any provider or group of providers or parents. Indeed, it will be beneficial in the majority of cases. The changes for schools are shown in Table 6 (page 16)
- The formula will deliver sufficient funding to deal with the extra costs for schools of moving to 15 hours per week provision
- All funding for diploma students to go to their home school
- To amend the sub-formula description by deleting “Form 618G” and substituting “School Workforce Census” and adding the rider “If the current year’s School Workforce Census submission is not available then the previous year’s data will be used.”
- Will schools put forward any changes or topics they believe should be considered in relation to the 2011-14 funding period?
- Do schools have any views on the use of any headroom, including the retention of any unused headroom by the authority?