The council will not normally fund:
- Major building work
- The purchase of minibuses
- Medical equipment or research (applications for disability adaptations or equipment are not excluded)
- Projects designed to promote religion, or activities whose primary purpose is to promote religion. Applications are welcomed from religious organisations to carry out work in the community, which may benefit people from one religion, but should not exclude others for purely religious reasons. Organisations may be asked to supply information about the religious content of the event or project and how far it is open to people of other faiths.
- Late applications received after the deadline (this does not apply to Neighbourhood Grants, which is a rolling programme).
- Activities that have already taken place (or that will have already taken place by the time a decision is made).